To ensure the Center To Cure™ merits the respect and trust of the general public and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the non-profit organization and the causes we support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
(1) To be informed of the Center To Cure’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for intended purposes.
(2) To be informed of the identity of those serving on the Center To Cure’s Governing Board and to expect the Board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
(3) To have access to the Center To Cure’s most recent financial statements.
(4) To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
(5) To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
(6) To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
(7) To expect that all relationships with individuals representing the Center To Cure will be professional in nature.
(8) To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the Center To Cure or hired solicitors.
(9) To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that the Center To Cure may intend to share. (Note: The Center To Cure does not share its mailing lists.)
(10) To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
This Donor Bill of Rights was adapted from the ten-point Donor Bill of Rights created by the Association of Fundraising Professionals (1993) in conjunction with other fundraising and non-profit groups.